I wasn’t planning on posting again but as I have already stated I am very,very,very bored as a result of an onslaught of various illnesses and just general laziness on my part. Due to a messed up sleeping schedule and the fact that I’ve already binge watched all of the seasons of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” I thought I might as well review my first term of college because…I don’t know really. Maybe so I can read back on this at the end of the four years or maybe so other people can relate (lol no one is reading this)
Anyway, I don’t know what I expected from college. I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to go to college even when I got my course (5th place but who wants to be a midwife anyway…seriously I hate babies and pregnant women make me uncomfortable I don’t know why I put it down). I thought since I got a grant I would just go with it and things…surprisingly worked out. I got to move out of Shannon and into Limerick and coincidentally moved in with someone from my course which definitely worked to my advantage because I still didn’t have my timetable by week three and he knew where everything was. I actually knew of most of the people I’m friends with now but I’m so glad I got to know them because they’re some of the weirdest, funniest people you’ll meet and I used to have no idea! Even though I didn’t know what to expect I still somehow felt…underwhelmed by college? Like somehow there should be more to it? I don’t really understand why I exactly felt that way but I did at the time. I know one thing now though, all I want to do now is go back.
I think if I had to sum up the educational side of college so far it would be with one word: grand. But as an experience it has been weird, random, and fun. Some Highlights have been:
- Showing up at a random house party with my roommates without knowing anyone there and then drunkenly claiming it was my house (everyone believed me and told me what a great party it was)
- Trying (and almost succeeding) to get into a club with a black girl’s I.D. (side note I am very,very white)
- Feeding an entire block of cheese to a German Shepard that I tried to coax into my house
- Apologising to my roommate for letting the Germane Shepard chew up the house’s wooden spoon…
- Singing Oh Danny Boy with Turfy. Repeatedly.
- Belting out Blank Space with Eilis. Repeatedly.
- Disappearing on the Mystery Tour
- Being at the buzz stop and shouting at UNAAAAAA
- Watching many,many episodes of Dexter in a row
- My neighbour threatening to put my roommate “in a hole”
- Allegedly kicking a hole in a wall
- The Boston cream donuts in Spar are the single BEST thing about college.Many would argue the wedges. You are wrong. End of discussion.